Friday, October 5, 2012

Not much progress....

The girls decided last night after I asked them to get ready for bed around 7:30 that they were going to horse around, throw pillows and stuffed animals.  This is nothing new, and they play like this all the time; Best of friend, and worst of enemies.  I went in, asked them to get into their pajamas, brush their hair, and brush their teeth.  I began to hear the horse play and decided to wait a few min before hounding them again.  A minute later I hear a loud cracking noise, and then a blood curdling scream.  Thinking someone just died I ran across the hall to their room to find Alyssa half dressed, holding her head looking stunned.  And Emma, the source of the scream, crying hysterically.  Upon taking a look at Alyssa head we discovered a tiny gash, with an already purple area surrounding it.  Jenny after much fussing decided to take Alyssa to the ER.  They arrived home around 10:45, Alyssa tired, in pain, and sporting two new staples in her head, so Jenny decided she was staying home today.  We spent our time watching TV, walking to the store to get her meds, bringing the meds home, going to starbucks to get a drink and bite to eat, riding bikes, and we painted our nails.  I only got to work on my knitting while Alyssa was consumed in the tv shows.  While I wish I could say I was able to get a lot done, but I can't.  I was only able to get about 3-4 inches done of the scarf I'm working on right now.  My goal is to get it done before my friend goes off to Ireland for her family vacation.  My next project to be done by the same time??  An ALL  WHITE hooded scarf for the Ohio vs PSU White out game on October 27th.  Allen won tickets in a raffle and is like a kid in a candy store ready to go.  Me?  I'm excited but need to get an all white hooded sweatshirt, and the hooded cowl done so I don't freeze.

Happy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment