Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Afghan: work in progress

I have lots of left over yarn.  Scrap pieces, none long enough for a single project alone.  My solution??  Patchwork quilt!!  Sort of.  I've been wanting to make a nice quilt to cuddle up under on the couch.  We have a few blankets at the house but nothing special and nothing that keeps you warm without doubling it over. 

I used the extra large yellow round loom from Provo Craft and made flat panels.  I had a few skeins of yarn that I had gotten for projects that I never got to and can no longer remember what I was going to make.  Currently I have two good sized panels and have sew them together; side by side.  While not the same size they were making me sweat while I made them.  One is with 3 strands of yarn, the other with 4.  Both the same thickness.  I have a few pictures and am still trying to figure out how to upload them.  I may add them to the next update if I can figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment